A revised version of AssetSMART, called AssetSMART 2.0, has recently been made available on the Asset Management BC website. AssetSMART is a tool that local governments can use to assess their capacity to manage their assets. This tool has been designed to help local governments:
- Evaluate their asset management practices in a comprehensive way
- Identify particular areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Establish priorities
- Build awareness of the many dimensions of asset management
- Generate productive discussion across departments
- Measure progress over time
- Benchmark against other communities
- Set short-, mid- and long-term objectives in specific areas.
The revised version can be viewed here. Thank you to John Weninger and Urban Systems Ltd for providing this.