The MMCD Infrastructure Data Standards initiative involves the continued development of standards for infrastructure design, drawing production, construction, asset data exchange (post construction submissions to local government) and infrastructure lifecycle management.
A new Asset Management Subcommittee has been formed to help further these initiatives.
We are looking for an individual to contribute to the committee that can represent the construction sector as it relates to the use of data for staking/layout and machine control.
Ideally this individual has experience in the following areas:
- Field layout/staking using electronic data (points, alignments, profiles, surfaces, sections, pipes, structures etc.)
- Machine control construction – grading, paving, curb
- Extraction of design data from infrastructure design technologies for construction staking/layout and machine control
- Preparation of data for construction staking/layout and machine control
- Recording of “as constructed” conditions
- Understanding of BIM concepts relating to infrastructure such as Level of Detail and Level of Development
The MMCD infrastructure data standards are heavily based on Civil 3D, so knowledge of Civil would be an asset but not a requirement.
A summary of the MMCD Infrastructure Data Standards components, and development status, is as follows:
- Municipal CAD Standards – developed and evolving
- Drawing Production Standard – developed and evolving
- Construction Standard – not yet developed
- Asset Data Exchange Standard – developed and evolving
- Asset Data Management Register Standard – developed and evolving
We are finding that with every year there has been a continued shift in emphasis from the contract drawings to the digital data and this is what we’re wanting to address.
Please click here for more information on the MMCD Infrastructure Data Standards initiative.
If you are interested in being involved, or know of anybody who would like to be involved with the MMCD Asset Management Sub-Committee please contact Andrew Walther at firstname.lastname@example.org