The Gold Edition of the MMCDA Documents was published in 2000 but is no longer available for purchase. The updated version of these documents is currently the Platinum Edition. However, various municipalities and contracts will still reference the Gold Edition.
There are three volumes and two supplementary documents which were published as a part of the Gold Edition:
- Volume I - Tender Document Production Manual (incuding Client Consultant Agreement): Details the documents which constitute a MMCD Standard Tender Package, instructions on preparing the package for a successful tender process, and guidelines for working with the Standard Specifications through the tender process.
- Volume II - Standard Specifications: Provides the Standard Specifications referenced in a MMCD Tender Package. This volume is necessary for all parties involved in a project utilizing an MMCD contract.
- Volume III - Construction Contract Administration Manual: Provides detailed instruction on operating a project within the intent of the MMCD collaborative initiatives for contract administration and dispute resolution.
- Client Consultant Agreement
- Design Guideline Manual
We no longer have copies of MMCDA's Gold Edition Volume II available for purchase. The MMCDA Platinum Edition Volume II has since replaced this document and as such the demand for this document has significantly decreased.
Pricing is available by expanding the corresponding section below.
- Sponsoring Member Price: $80.00 + applicable taxes
- Supporting Member Price: $120.00 + applicable taxes
- Associate Member Price: $144.00 + applicable taxes
- Regular (Non-Member) Price: $160.00 + applicable taxes
This document is no longer available for purchase as the MMCD Platinum Edition Volume II has since replaced it. If you are looking for a copy of the document you can check with those in your office, contact your local municipality, or visit a local library that may have a copy on hand. We apologize for the inconvenience, however, due to a lack of demand for this product and the high cost of volume printing, we no longer are able to send another order to print.
This document is no longer available for purchase.
The Client/Consultant Agreement document has similar objectives to those for the construction Contract Documents.
- fair to all parties;
- minimize the need for risk taking by the consultant;
- and provide an equitable means of resolving disputes, and addressing changes.
Another primary objective is to provide the consultant with adequate resources to foster innovation and analysis of alternatives to provide the best possible design and project for the client.
This document is now available free of charge.
The Municipal Infrastructure Design Guideline Manual was prepared to provide a standardized set of guidelines that can be adopted by municipalities and other agencies involved with design and construction of municipal infrastructure.
The Design Guideline Manual Includes
- Alternative criteria relating to such things as field conditions, climate, development standards and development density have been included in this manual where practical.
- Design criteria variations which may be adopted by various agencies in the form of Supplementary Design Guidelines, which supersede the guidelines contained in this manual.
- The contents of the manual are intended to complement MMCD Specifications and Standard Detailed Drawings.
This manual is not intended as a substitute for sound engineering knowledge and experience. It is the designer’s responsibility to exercise professional judgment on technical matters in the best interests of the owners and users of the infrastructure. Standards contained in these guidelines are provided to assist in making these judgments, but should not be used as a substitute.
Because the standards are general, they do not and cannot cover all particular cases.
- Sponsoring Member Price: $50.00 + applicable taxes
- Supporting Member Price: $50.00 + applicable taxes
- Associate Member Price: $50.00 + applicable taxes
- Regular (Non-Member) Price: $50.00 + applicable taxes