Please note that the prices do not include GST.
Course fees include copies of the MMCD Platinum Books (Volume I & II):
||$780.00 + GST
||$540.00 + GST
||$620.00 + GST
||$700.00 + GST
Note: The MMCD CCA Exam is $100 + GST in addition to the fee listed above
These prices are valid as of January 2015, as approved by the MMCD Board.
To ensure Certified Contract Administrators (C Admin) have practical experience, not just academic qualifications, the MMCDA has set the following standards for those wishing to write the Certified Contract Administrators examination:
- P.Eng., EIT or AScT registration or a minimum of 5 years of relevant field construction experience
- Documented field administrative experience and duties at least three projects using MMCD documents with a construction value of $500,000 or more
- References (communicated directly to MMCDA) to verify responsibility and duties from:
- An owner's representative supervising the candidate's duties on one or more MMCD projects;
- A contractor's representative who worked with the candidate on one or more MMCD contracts;
- Current employer's verification of contract management duties and assignment.
Candidate credentials will be verified prior to the examination and those who meet the criteria will be advised and placed on the eligible list.
1. Pay for the examination online: When you go to register online for the appropriate course location, be sure to select the option which reads "+ exam".
2. Submit your student profile & examination references: Submit both your student profile (download here) AND written references to the MMCDA office so we can consider your qualifications for writing the exam after you have taken the course. Your student profile is a fillable PDF form (use the spaces provided to fill in on the computer and save the document). Please do not scan this document or print it and fill it out by hand as we have had difficulty with illegible writing in the past.
Your references must follow the below guidelines. Note that failure to submit this documentation will result in ineligibility to write the examination.
- Your references (minimum of three) must provide a letter outlining the project name, project value, date of project, description of applicant's role in the project, a brief description of the project, and the contact information for the refererence (phone number and email).
- References should be in Word or PDF format on company letterhead.
- Please collect all of your references and submit them all at one time to the office with the subject link of the email as follows: "Your Student Name Here (First & Last Name): References for CA Examination".
3. Wait for confirmation on your approval to write the examination: The MMCDA office will forward your references to be reviewed to the Board of Directors. Please be patient while these are being reviewed. You will generally hear back from the office within two weeks - barring exceptional circumstances.
4. Submit your Proctor Qualification Form: When you have been approved to write the examination, you will be sent a Proctor Qualification Form by the office, where you can notify us of your Proctor and the date you wish to write the exam. If you do not receive a Proctor form upon notice of your approval, please contact email@example.com and request one.
This form needs to be filled out, attached to an email, and returned to the MMCD office via email. Please note this form is an electronic fillable PDF - use the spaces provided to type in your information and save the document. Please do not print out the document or scan it as we have had difficulty with ilegibility in the past.
5. Await receipt of your examination: Approximately three days before you are due to write your exam, your Proctor will receive your exam via courier. Please ensure that the address supplied for the Proctor is one where a courier delivery can be accepted during business hours.