This half-day course is designed for contractor’s field staff at the foreman or lead hand level. It focuses on the things they need to know when dealing with the Contract Administrator or Inspectors on a MMCD contract, and the things a foreman can do to help the Contractor make money, save money, or preserve their rights.
This course may be offered in-person or by webinar. We are happy to run this course anywhere in BC, as long as we have a minimum of 15 paid students. This can be in your office, jointly with others at a hotel, or at our Gastown training room in Vancouver.
- Be better prepared to recognize how conflicting information in the Contract Documents is to be resolved and where opportunities exist for the Contractor.
- Understand when they should expect the Contract Administrator and Inspectors to be fair and impartial so they can advise the Superintendent if necessary.
- Recognize critical deadlines to ensure they are not missed through lack of knowledge.
- Understand the critical importance of getting instructions in writing.
- Better understand how the MMCD contract works and how you can improve the Contractor’s chances of making or saving money.
Prices for this course vary between membership types:
Course fee includes the electronic copy of the Student Guide. Meals are provided at in-person sessions.