This full-day course is designed to train experienced senior workers on the roles, responsibilities and best practices for Referees. Referees act as an impartial, 3rd party opinion, similar to how a judge or arbitrator would decide the case. This course may be offered in-person or by webinar.
- Be a Certified Contract Administrator
- Fifteen years of senior experience in municipal construction in North America, with at least five in British Columbia; and have managed five MMCD contracts valued at $1.5 million or greater
- Listening & mediation skills a must!
- Have taken the MMCD Referee course and passed the exam
- Submit an application form with application fee; applications are screened to verify the minimum qualifications
Screened applicants attend course and write exam
Those who pass the exam will become Certified and must sign an agreement with the Association
Association will add name to list of Certified Referees
In order to take the course and write the exam, interested students must first complete and submit the Referee Application Package, including references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Course
- The role of the referee and example cases
- Learn valuable skills in conflict resolution and keeping a cool head
- Learn about the protections in place for Referees (ie. you cannot be subpoenaed)
Course fee includes the electronic copy of the Course Guide. Meals are provided at in-person sessions.